Are you in a leadership position? If you’re listening to Gut + Science, then you’re answer is likely ‘yes.’ Joining us this week is Tom Zupancic, former Sr. VP of Sales and Marketing for the Indianapolis Colts and now GM for DEEM. Tom has more than thirty years of experience from landing multi-million dollar deals to managing thousands of employees.
In this week’s conversation, Tom shares his tools and processes to take your leadership team and company to the next level.
Interested in hearing what didn’t make the show? Send Nikki a message to get the unedited story on how Tom secured the naming rights for Lucas Oil Stadium.
Truth You Can Act On:
- Know people’s motivation: We can’t treat all of our people the same. Everyone’s motivated in different ways and we have to know what’s there why. We have to spend time listening and understanding how your employees are motivated.
- Employees first: Customer service should be a top priority but it can’t take precedence over your employees. When you help your employees win they’ll walk through fire for you and your customers.
- Build on their strengths: Always look for the good in people and acknowledge what they’re doing well. You can build loyalty by leading with positivity. When we have a strong relationship with people they stop expecting you to be perfect and start focusing on how they can help bring the company’s vision to life.
Nikki’s Book Recommendation:
- Dream Manager by Matthew Kelley
- LHD Benefits – LHD is a full-service employee benefits firm, that empowers their clients to make the best possible decisions for their employees — to define optimal objectives, monitor outcomes, improve health, and engage and advocate for employees and their loved ones. Visit lhdbenefits.com
- Custom Concrete – Custom Concrete has been creating foundations for the finest homes, commercial buildings and industrial facilities throughout Central Indiana since 1969. Builders, contractors, and homeowners rely on our expertise because so much depends on getting it right. Our knowledge and control of all aspects of the job, from excavation to waterproofing to backfill, means that extra value is built into every project. Codes don’t drive our business, excellence does. See the difference at customeconcrete.com