It’s one thing to fill a role, it’s another to own the role. On today’s Gut+Science, we’re diving into the how and why you should own your role as a CEO and leader.
What made Tim realize the importance of owning his role as CEO? Listen in to hear the full story.
Truth You Can Act On:
- Know people’s motivation: We can’t treat all of our people the same. Everyone’s motivated in different ways and we have to know what’s there why. We have to spend time listening and understanding how your employees are motivated.
- Employees first: Customer service should be a top priority but it can’t take precedence over your employees. When you help your employees win they’ll walk through fire for you and your customers.
- Build on their strengths: Always look for the good in people and acknowledge what they’re doing well. You can build loyalty by leading with positivity. When we have a strong relationship with people they stop expecting you to be perfect and start focusing on how they can help bring the company’s vision to life.
Nikki’s Book Recommendation:
- What It Takes by Stephen Schwarzman
- What You Do Is Who You Are by Ben Horowitz
- rEvolution: Turn Crisis Into Clarity And Ignite Growth by Tim Leman
- The Zone – The Zone is the space where happiness and high performance coexist. We believe in making organizations more human and for this to happen we should not have to trade one for the other. We’re offering 10 free coaching sessions to Gut+Science listeners. Visit https://thezone.co/gutscience/coaching to get started.