Nathan Bobay (@nbobay27) is the Senior Manager of Customer Solutions at Delta Faucet, a leading innovator in water technology. He’s also the co-founder of the Conscious Capitalism chapter in Indianapolis where he teaches business owners how to do business consciously.
Nathan’s passion for Conscious Capitalism began after experiencing its power firsthand. It’s an interesting philosophy—by focusing on making the world a better place, you can actually produce better returns. It’s all about creating a win-win arrangement for all parties involved.
Unfortunately, traditional management practices and beliefs can hold us back from truly flourishing as intentionally conscious leaders – and Nathan believes it’s time to break those beliefs. Listen in to learn how to grow your company and culture by leaving a positive impact on the world.
Truth You Can Act On:
- What is your higher purpose as an organization? A conscious business is one that exists for a higher purpose beyond creating profits and shareholder value. It exists to make the world a better place.
- Do you have complete stakeholder integration? By stakeholders, we’re not just talking about employees, customers, and shareholders. We also need to remember our suppliers, the community, and the environment. So, what are you doing to create successes and wins for all stakeholders in your business?
- Is your leadership consciously aware and strategic in building your organization? Has your leadership bought into your mission? What specific steps are they taking to create wins for your stakeholders? If your company has a higher purpose, your leaders should be motivated by serving that higher purpose.
- Do you have a conscious culture? A conscious culture thrives beyond the individual founder or leadership team. It grows as the company grows and is based on your company’s core values coming to life
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek