Liam Forde (@LiamFordeZone) is the Founder and CEO of The Zone, a company that helps thousands of CEOs in over 30 countries create high-performing cultures by harnessing the power of collective intelligence.
To unlock this collective intelligence, Liam uses the Whole Person Approach. Generally, we operate out of one mode, the Head mode, which focuses on the rational and analytical side of things. But there are two other important modes we often neglect: the Heart and the Gut.
In order to have an optimally functioning organization, all three parts must work together in tandem. Applied correctly, this can be an extremely powerful concept. And in this week’s episode, Liam breaks it down to the basics—explaining exactly how each “body part” works together to form a healthy, well-balanced, high-performing culture.
Truth You Can Act On:
- Eliminate silos. Shift from working in silos, or individual parts, to working as a whole organization. Silos create competition, egos, and bureaucracy. Instead, think of your organization as if it were a human body. It has different specialized parts, but it works as a whole. It must always be coordinated, connected, and in harmony.
- Teach servanthood. Spend time teaching and inspiring people in your organization on how they can serve others. Don’t just tell them what to do; lead by example. Make serving other people an instilled way of being.
Live in the zone. Adopt a habit of getting yourself in the zone, helping others get in the zone, and always working to spend more time in the zone. This is where our very best work happens, and we should do whatever is necessary to maximize our time here.
- Utilize your leaders. Identify the best people in your organization to champion training and to teach the rest. There is nothing more effective than teaching your highly engaged and great communicators to turn around and build up the rest of the crew.
Nikki’s Book Recommendations:
- Titus – in their conversations with CEOs and hiring managers, they hear frustration with traditional recruiting. From outrageous fees to focusing on candidates before clients, the process was broken and needed to be fixed. Enter Titus Talent. Titus Talent Strategies serves its clients using passionate people, a proven process, and unparalleled performance.
- Emplify – Are you still using pulse surveys? How about annual questionnaires? If your organization relies on either of these, it’s time to discover Emplify. Emplify has created a new way to measure employee engagement. It’s where CEOs who want to know what’s really happening within a workforce go… to get honest feedback… and to understand what needs to change for people to love their work using simple and trustworthy data.