Kathleen Quinn Votaw (@quinn_votaw) is the CEO of TalenTrust, a professional services firm that uses the “People Puzzle” approach to help executives and human resource teams strengthen culture and drive employee engagement.
At TalenTrust, Kathleen has her work cut out for her. In today’s job market, attracting and retaining talent isn’t easy. In fact, 74% of the workforce is actively open to looking for new opportunities. This alarming statistic can be traced back to a number of causes.
One of these causes is the challenge of uniting multi-generational workforces. It’s a stumbling block that, if not addressed, can make or break a culture. Listen in to hear Kathleen explain how to bridge generational gaps to form a cohesive, well-oiled machine.
Truth You Can Act On:
- Turnover is OK. Are you scared of turnover? It’s become a big evil word in today’s workplace. But in reality, it’s ok. In fact, it can be good for your organization. If someone’s not feeling their job anymore—if it has become a “necessary evil” and no longer aligns with their goals and dreams—it’s better (for both the employee and your organization) to encourage that person to move on with their life.
- Prioritize communication training. The most valuable type of training is communication training—we can never do enough of it. This not only includes verbal and nonverbal communication, but also how to effectively communicate using technology. With so many different mediums available, it’s also important to determine how your people prefer to communicate and consume information. Never make assumptions.
- Engagement is Entanglement. You need to understand why people choose you as a leader. Why do they follow into uncertainty every day? Engagement starts with having this “entanglement” or alignment with the employee’s goals—both personally and professionally—and what the company is trying to achieve.
- The Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- Titus – in their conversations with CEOs and hiring managers, they hear frustration with traditional recruiting. From outrageous fees to focusing on candidates before clients, the process was broken and needed to be fixed. Enter Titus Talent. Titus Talent Strategies serves its clients using passionate people, a proven process, and unparalleled performance.