Did you know 1 in 10 employees are remote? How companies resource and think about the talent they’re bringing on board is changing.
Kate Colbert, President of Silver Tree Communications, believes this mentality has shifted for the better to provide more control and flexibility to companies, as well as to contractors. However, not seeing your employees daily is still a struggle for some leaders.
So, how can you invest in your remote employees and contractors? How can you make these people feel valued and respected? The relationship should never feel transactional, it should be about partnership, according to Kate. Listen in for her advice.
Truth You Can Act On:
- Focus on the Result. Lead with the end in mind and help your people see their goals clearly. Paint that picture of what success looks like.
- Leverage Technology with Video. Encourage both audio and visual aspects for remote meetings to bridge that distance.
- Treat Your Remote Workforce like Insiders. Take a look at how you interact with both 1099 and remote employees. How can you enhance this to treat them more like a trusted colleague?
- Constant Gratitude. As a leader, express your thanks in hand-written notes, calls, or texts. Gratitude is another key to relationship building.
- Think Like a Marketer by Kate Colbert