This week’s guest Jonathan Reynolds, CEO at Titus Talent and Certified Partner at The Predictive Index, is passionate about building employees. Jonathan is committed to creating a great culture and aligning his employees with the company values.
For Jonathan, he doesn’t hire new employees based solely on their credentials. He won’t jeopardize the company culture. Instead, he intentionally works with his leaders to recognize that people not only bring their skills to the table but they also take from the company. So you have to look at how someone aligns with the culture and values otherwise they can drain those around them.
Values genuinely drive the culture. If anyone, including Jonathan, falls outside of those values the team members will have those uncomfortable conversations. Having tough conversations creates accountability and trust within the organization.
Truth You Can Act On
- Define Your Culture: Values create your culture code. These should be established as a company rather than dictated. The company values also drive decision making whether it’s a question of hiring or letting go.
- Challenge your people: When having tough conversations, it’s essential to talk facts not opinions. To eliminate the rumor mill or gossip, empower your people to have tough conversations. These shouldn’t be arguments rather frank discussions helping to make each other better.
- Learn from Others: Take the time to meet and engage with others outside your organization. When you spend time networking and meeting with peers one-on-one, you gain new perspectives and opportunities to learn from others successes.
- Emplify-Are you still using pulse surveys? How about annual questionnaires? If your organization relies on either of these, it’s time to discover Emplify. Emplify has created a new way to measure employee engagement. It’s where CEOs who want to know what’s really happening within a workforce go… to get honest feedback… and to understand what needs to change for people to love their work using simple and trustworthy data. To see their latest research on employee engagement, visit emplify.com.
- Custom Concrete – Custom Concrete has been creating foundations for the finest homes, commercial buildings and industrial facilities throughout Central Indiana since 1969. Builders, contractors, and homeowners rely on our expertise because so much depends on getting it right. Our knowledge and control of all aspects of the job, from excavation to waterproofing to backfill, means that extra value is built into every project. Codes don’t drive our business, excellence does. See the difference at customeconcrete.com