Jessica Gendron (@JessGendron) is the President of the Center For Leadership Excellence. In this episode, you’ll hear Jessica explain why it’s time for leaders to step up and build a culture where people are respected and embraced for their differences.
Truth You Can Act On:
- Ask for feedback. You need to know what’s going on in your company. As a leader, it’s your responsibility to make sure your employees feel safe enough to provide feedback.
- Diversity and inclusion should be tied to business outcomes. If we can tie inclusion into overall business strategy and important KPIs, there will be more buy-in from everyone. Tie it to the bigger picture.
- Unconcious bias. Teach your people about what this term means. It’s all about awareness.
- Stop checking the box. It all starts with us, as leaders, to encourage diversity and inclusion.
- Let My People Go Surfing by Yvon Chouinard
- Emplify – Are you still using pulse surveys? How about annual questionnaires? If your organization relies on either of these, it’s time to discover Emplify. Emplify has created a new way to measure employee engagement. It’s where CEOs who want to know what’s really happening within a workforce go… to get honest feedback… and to understand what needs to change for people to love their work using simple and trustworthy data.