What do top performers eat? How do they exercise? How much do they sleep? And most importantly, how do they squeeze all this in?
Erica Ballard (@ericaballardhealth) is a Healthy Living Expert and Coach, and Founder of Erica Ballard Health and The B Method, a corporate wellness program designed to boost employees’ productivity, impact, and loyalty.
In this episode, you’ll hear why when we take care of ourselves, we can be more engaged in our workplace.
Truth You Can Act On:
- Our 5-9 affects our 9-5. This mindset reminds us, as leaders, to take the whole person approach to the way we see our employees.
- Health: It’s 80% food and 20% movement. When we look at our meal, it should be 75% vegetables and 25% protein and fat. When we think about movement, working out is good, but it is only one of the six ways we need to move.
- Energy equals money. Let that sink in. So, what are we feeding our people? How do we encourage them to rest? What education are we providing to help them maximize their health and energy?
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Emplify – Are you still using pulse surveys? How about annual questionnaires? If your organization relies on either of these, it’s time to discover Emplify. Emplify has created a new way to measure employee engagement. It’s where CEOs who want to know what’s really happening within a workforce go… to get honest feedback… and to understand what needs to change for people to love their work using simple and trustworthy data.