Episode 25 Special Episode
In our first twenty-four episodes, we’ve discussed ways successful companies attract talent, hire and retain talent, implement impactful onboarding techniques, enhance employee engagement and much more.
When you break it all down, the greatest driver for keeping talent and unleashing employee potential is meaning. It is the value each employee feels when they immerse themselves in their roles. It’s helping them find their “why”.
To celebrate our 25th episode, we look back at some of the greatest takeaways we’ve had so far on the show, including the several different ways our past guests define employee engagement.
Truth You Can Act On:
- Ask: Spend time asking employees for their feedback and practicing your listening skills. If you don’t have a third-party tool helping you with this, it is highly recommended so you can gather honest and helpful feedback. This can truly help you solve problems and get better. Don’t forget to ensure you have a confidential tool your employees trust and to spend time truly reflecting on the data and feedback.
- Analyze: When you discover areas needing more insight, ask deeper questions to understand not just where and who has challenges, but why as well as their input on how to solve it. Again, spend lots of time listening, but also think through that analyze portion to know what questions to ask, so you can then spend time prioritizing and building a strategy. Hopefully, you have data that can partner with your gut and emotion. Data tells a story, it’s factual, and it helps leaders on your team get on board. So we need to stop guessing. We need to take the data, feedback, and our gut and put it all together to build an effective strategy.
- Act: Take action on the strategy you lay out. This means communicating to your employees exactly what you are doing. When in doubt, over communicate it. As you take action, realize you may need some outside help with implementation – most organizations do. So, partner with rockstar recruiters, hire a coach for accountability or bring on a strategic HR consulting to hone your onboarding program. Do whatever you need to do. But make sure you’re taking action and regularly communicating the things you are doing to make the organization better. This means so much to employees.
- Custom Concrete – Custom Concrete has been creating foundations for the finest homes, commercial buildings and industrial facilities throughout Central Indiana since 1969. Builders, contractors, and homeowners rely on our expertise because so much depends on getting it right. Our knowledge and control of all aspects of the job, from excavation to waterproofing to backfill, means that extra value is built into every project. Codes don’t drive our business, excellence does. See the difference at customeconcrete.com
- Emplify – Are you still using pulse surveys? How about annual questionnaires? If your organization relies on either of these, it’s time to discover Emplify. Emplify has created a new way to measure employee engagement. It’s where CEOs who want to know what’s really happening within a workforce go… to get honest feedback… and to understand what needs to change for people to love their work using simple and trustworthy data.