With the average tenure being just two years, most companies out there are exploring ways to keep their employees around longer. In this special episode of Gut+Science, host Nikki Lewallen (@nikkilewallen) dives deep into, you guessed it – employee engagement.
Listen in as Nikki defines employee engagement, and explains the four core reasons people come into work every day: purpose, status, money, and influence.
Do you know AND understand what fires your employees up?
Truth You Can Act On:
- Know Why Your People Work. It’s a great exercise to do as a team or at your next one-on-one. You should also know why YOU work.
- Understand the 17 Components of Employee Engagement. There are 17 different things that bring people to work. Email Nikki at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to learn the definitions of all 17 components.
- Gain Data Quarterly. It’s important to be agile in your people strategy. Data will help you understand what’s working and what’s not.
- Build Relationships with Your People. Understand what’s behind the hat they wear at work and truly get to know your employees.
- Email Host Nikki Lewallen at email@example.com for a full list of book recommendations from our past guests.