“If there’s one thing that you can point to that leads to growth, work on your physical journey, because that creates the energy to develop in all of the other areas.”
As we launch Part 2 of this special two-part episode with mental performance coach and trainer Tommy Richardson, we’re diving into the physical side of personal growth.
If you’re not eating right, exercising, or getting enough sleep, your overall performance can be truly limited. It all starts with you, and it’s an inside out transformation according to Tommy.
In this episode, you’ll hear his advice on how you can grow in your physical, social, and emotional development journeys.
Plus, what tactics can you promote to encourage your people to develop in these areas as well? As Tommy says, the more we can develop the people around us, the greater the success of our companies, and ourselves. Listen in.
Truth You Can Act On:
- Purpose unlocks engagement. On your spiritual growth journey, understanding your purpose is key. As leaders, make sure you know your team members’ individual purpose. Help them help you understand their purpose.
- The mental game is huge. We choose our attitude, and you can’t be negative and in gratitude at the same time. Try shifting your attitude with the ‘cancel-cancel’ approach Tommy discusses in this episode.
- Physical development journey. Physical activity can help immensely with stress management, energy, and confidence. Whether it’s going for a daily walk or lifting weights, make sure your employees are getting the physical activity they need.
- Social and emotional development journey. Don’t live in isolation – it’s important to build relationships and meet new people. Spend time listening to and understanding others.
- Embrace feedback daily. Having a culture of feedback on your team can embrace transparency.
- The importance of reading. What are you consistently doing to develop yourself as a leader? Try having a book going at all times to further develop your growth journey.
Subscribe to Gut+Science