There are now four different generations present in the workplace. On today’s Gut+Science, we’re diving into ways we can best lead the different generations at work.
Bob Greene is the Senior HR Industry Analyst at Ascentis, and he shares fascinating insights into the different generations and the behaviors and motivations that define them.
Truth You Can Act On:
- Millennials are now the largest population in the workplace. They want two things most: Regular feedback and an employer that stands behind them.
- Communications platforms need to be easily accessible from all devices. Whatever you’re doing to communicate now – increase the cadence.
- Reminder – Reject the generational stereotypes that you hear. The only exception is your own experience.
- Your application process must be simple. If it’s not, you’ll be missing out on recruiting younger talent.
Nikki’s Book Recommendation:
- Ascentis – Ascentis is a SaaS-based Human Capital Management software that offers easy-to-use HCM, HRIS, online payroll, talent management, recruiting, and timekeeping solutions. Request a complimentary review of your processes and policies at https://www.ascentis.com/gutscience/